Canberra fun attractions
Canberra, Australia sure knows how to entertain. It doesn't matter if you're a child or an adult, Canberra has events and attractions up everyone's alley.
Cockington Green Gardens is at once a unique attraction and very beautiful. A family-owned tourist attraction, the gardens are full of colour and grandeur, and is a site for a miniature British village, complete with replicas of people.
Then there is Questacon - the national Science and Technology Centre, filled with fascinating exhibitions exploring the most interesting concepts in science from the nature of light to movement, and the many mysteries of the world.
The science centre could not be any more entertaining with the addition of a theatre troupe that performs regularly at each of the centre's three theatres.
Learn about the most prehistoric animals on the earth at the National Dinosaur Museum but don't be scared away by the life-like replicas of the animals!
Discover what it takes to become a world-famous athlete at the Australian Institute of Sport and find out where Australia's money comes from at the Royal Australian Mint - you can even make a dollar for yourself!
- National Dinosaur Museum- The National Dinosaur Museum holds the largest display of dinosaur and other prehistoric material in Australia. Fun for the whole family, it also provides a comprehensive educational experience too.
- Cockington Green Gardens - Cockington Green Gardens is a unique experience that has both spectacular and colourful gardens and finely crafted miniature buildings and replicas of people.
- Questacon - the National Science and Technology Centre, Canberra, aims to generate more understanding about science and technology and does so in a fun and interactive way.
- Royal Australian Mint - A prescribed agency within the Commonwealth Government portfolio of the Treasury, the mint is located on Camp Hill near the National Library and between the Old Parliament House and Capital Hill.
- Australian Institute Of Sport - The Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) is located in Bruce, Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory. The AIS is known in Australia and internationally as a world-leading model for growing elite athletes.